- Asset management
- The benefits of Asset management
- Why Switzerland
- About us
Recording: Click here to have a look at the Breakout Session
The 2019 NZZ Swiss International Finance Forum took place on 6 November 2019. The Asset Management Platform Switzerland was again a partner at this prestigious event. Together with UBS and SDX, we were present with our breakout session on «Will Tokenization Revolutionize Asset Management?»
Tokenization will change the way we invest into assets and open a new world for asset managers by giving access to new asset classes such as tokenized art, real estate or company ownership. According to the World Economic Forum Survey 10% of global GDP may be stored with blockchain technology by 2027. Hence, asset tokenisation is one of the biggest trends in the financial sector: new digital exchanges are emerging and regulatory compliant offerings are being developed.
At the breakout session, experts from various backgrounds discussed challenges and opportunities of tokenization and provided intriguing insights from academia. In addition, current application examples for asset management were presented and progress on building a fully integrated market infrastructure for digital assets.
Speakers & moderator:
- Sam Chadwick, Head Distributed Ledger Technology, UBS
- Thomas-Anton Heinzl, COO Asset Management, UBS
- Tomas Kindler, Head SIX Digital Exchange
- Fabian Schär, Professor for Distributed Ledger Technology & Fintech, University of Basel
- Markus Fuchs, Moderator, Managing Director of the Swiss Funds & Asset Management Association SFAMA